The last conference I attended said they would recommend to implement blogs within the corporation. Not that blogs for customers could not be done, but the speaker mentioned they were more risky. So it looks like we are going to look into this option.
Going by my research, we can use employee blogs to:
- Share insights and experiences
- Collaborate in project teams, post meeting minutes, assignments, action items, research and more.
- Link to other places on the intranet
- Talk about what you know as a subject matter experts (SME)
- Blog about the moment
- Post video interviews with Product Managers about a product, employees about their experience with a product, etc...
- Announce upcoming internal training or products
- Share your insights about products or as a trainer
- Request feedback on what classes need a refresher or what are the hardest task they have every done and how did they overcome them
- You can set a blog to send emails to everyone when you make an update (RSS feeds)
- Blog before a product launch and after
- Encourage employees to blog at least once a week
- Provide blog etiquette rules
- Don't be afraid of bad comments, these can be deleted quickly
View the Blogs in Plain English video for a down to earth explanation of blogs.