September 06, 2017
A friend recommended to use this app during the upcoming hurricane Irma, its called Zello Walkie Talkie. After downloading it, I figured I would share through my blog to help others as well. Although you still need to have cell phone service or WiFi connection, this app makes it easy to communicate during a natural disaster.
July 15, 2017
What is one of the questions your friends ask you when they visit your home?
"What's your Wifi password?" Right?
Well this blog post will help you share your weirdly constructed credential with your friends without having to dictate it several times every time someone wants to connect.
September 25, 2016
Have you ever bought something off the internet and minutes later found out another online store was selling that same item for less? Yup, me too and that is why I decided to write this article. I stumbled across a Google Chrome add-on that can help you find the best deal on the internet.
It's called Honey. The way Honey works is that once you click check-out, you will see a small box appear on your screen prompting you to find savings.
Notice how at the bottom it shows a 1-20% Cash Bonus. This is the current discount or deal you would get if you purchase the item from the current web site. Once you click Find Savings, Honey will start to look for better deals than the one you currently have.
If it finds several discount codes you will see this pop-up appear several times until it either finds a better deal or discount, or it validates that your current deal is the best.
In sites like Amazon where you have different sellers selling the same item, it scans Amazon to see if it can find a better price with another seller.
In this example, at the time I clicked check-out it showed me a savings (on the top right corner of the image) and then it gave me the option to swap the item to get the deal. Once I clicked Swap item into Amazon cart, it swapped the item priced at a higher price in my cart with the same item being sold by another seller at a discounted price.
Using Honey guarantees that you buy the item at the best price possible. In some cases it won't find a better deal than what you currently have, but at least you get validation that you're paying the best price.
Honey currently works with shopping sites in the U.S.A, Canada, Australia, UK and India as well as sites that serve global customers.
Start saving away!
What do you do to save online? Share with us in the comment section.
August 11, 2016
Just ran into this app, which would have come in handy as I was vacationing with the fam in Orlando this past weekend. Oh well!
The Nowait app gives you the ability to add your name to the waiting list at a restaurant without physically being there. Once you add yourself to a wailting list, you receive a text confirmation. The app shows you the waiting time and your place in line so you can ensure you're at the restaurant just in time.
The app is simple to use:
1. Search for the restaurant. Under the name you will see the average wait time.
2. Tap the restaurant name to start the process then tap Get in line.
3. Select the number in your party, add your name, add any special request, then tap Get in line.
4. You'll receive a text confirmation.
5. Check your place in line by tapping the Place in line tab.
Once you arrive at the restaurant you'll need to check-in with the host to get seated.
A cool optional feature is the bluetooth auto check-in. You can set this up in your profile, but note this is something that needs to be supported by the restaurant in order to work.
If when searching for a restaurant you see its not using this app, feel free to tap the tweet button at the bottom to the nudge the restaurant.
So is there really no waiting time anymore? I wouldn't say you don't wait at all since you need to check-in with the host when you arrive, but it does save you a lot of time. Under your profile it keeps track of the hours saved, start using the app and you can vouch for yourself.
Sorry, there is still some human interaction needed to get seated. Maybe a kiosk, or robot will replace this later, who knows!
If you decide to not dine at one of the restaurants, please release your place in line by tapping the Leave button. Its the polite thing to do.
The app is available on the iPhone and Android phones, and on the Apple Watch too.
If you've used this app and would like to give your feedback please add it in the comment section below.
Happy time saving!
May 07, 2016
Are you tired of having to go into several email accounts to read and sort all your emails? What about having to create folders to organize your emails? Look no further!
Happy Easily mailing!
I read an article about this new email app and how it did most of the work for you and of course I had to try. Loved it so much that I decided to write this post.
I'm talking about EasilyDo Mail by Easilydo Inc.
This new mail app is like your personnel assistant. Would you love to have someone manage your bills, receipts, travel itineraries, events and your email subscriptions? Me too! This new email app is just that.
Let's just look at some of the features that makes EasilyDo Mail stand out.
1. You can add your different email accounts into one place. This gives you full visibility of all your emails. You may say you can do that on the iPhone Mail app, but this is very different. The EasilyDo Mail app uses this feature to categorize all your emails in the different accounts into unread emails, emails with attachments and snoozed emails. Yes, you can snooze emails too.
2. Your emails get categorized automatically into Subscriptions, Travel, Packages, Bills and Receipts and Entertainment.
3. In the Subscription category, you have the option to unsubscribe right from your email list. You no longer have to click unsubscribe to a visit the email management page and select the unsubscribe option. You can just tap the X from the email list and Viola!
4. In the Travel category, your itinerary is visually displayed at the top of the email.
5. In the Package category, you see your tracking information linked to the carrier right at the top of the email.
6. In the Bills and Receipts category, the company, date and amount is shown for your bills and receipts.
Sorry amounts are personal, and gadget spending is for me to know and for you to try to find out. Good luck with that.
7. In the Entertainment category, it displays emails relevant to events including those you have purchased tickets for.
Hmm #7 also shows you if you need to get out more :(
8. You also have settings for snoozing, quick actions, notifications, signature and more. My favorite is the signature setting, you can customize the same signature for all email accounts, or for each one individually.
These are the email accounts you can add. POP, Exhange and Office 365 are not yet supported.
All the features above should confirm why I recommend this app. Wouldn't you?
Tell us your thoughts, or share about another email app of your choice in the comment section.
Happy Easily mailing!